Friday, July 18, 2008

DVD Recorders

MB from Toowoomba has wanted to know why when she records a DVD on her HDD/DVD recorder it can only be played back on that machine.

MB, when a Writable Disk whether it be a CD or DVD is written to it creates an open session on the disc so data can be added or removed. On computers the operating system does this automatically. On DVD recorders sessions are created but need to be closed permanently for them to play on another machine. You have to manually do this by FINALISING the disc. This command is generally found in the DVD menu under disc options depending on the brand of your recorder. Once a DVD is finalised it can NOT be written to again, but should play in any DVD player.

Hope this helps.

GB

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi it is me again, I warned you!!I use to have Willowvalleystore.blogspot on my feeds list but it did not always update with new posts. I deleted it from my feed list and tried to relist it again. Now I am unable to add it to my feeds. An error message comes up. Do you have any ide what the problem may be or how I can fix it. My friend has it and it updates with new posts. Thanks so much.

Pat in NY